Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Screen Screen Screen and Slough

Sitting on the deck letting the sun shine on me and soaking my feet in a natural footbath is one of the most relaxing ways to treat myself that I can think of here on the second day of Women's Health Week.   Did you go online and look at my guest blog post on Swiftwick Sock's website?  I am so proud of that opportunity to be featured on their site. To view it, go to www.swiftwick.com then click on Blog at the top of the page. 

Here is the recipe for the footsoak I am using. It is supposed to remove all the dead skin from your feet and make them summer-ready!  

1 cup blue listerine
1 cup vinegar
3 cups warm water

Soak 10 minutes then rub feet dry with a towel. 
I don't know about you but I am ready for summer. I love all the seasons. I think that is why God made seasons-we are ready for fall when it is time and ready for spring when it is time. Kind of like children-when they are born we are young and ready for the undertaking of being up at night and chasing after toddlers. Then as they get ready to graduate you are tired and old and ready for a new phase of life. I love how God's timing and design is perfect for us. You go, God!  You are a rock star!

Mother's Day has just passed and thanks to monthly self exams, I was able to celebrate this day with my mother. 40 years ago, when I was 3 years old, my mother found a lump during her own self exam. She had a double mastectomy and not only did she live to see me grow up, but she will be attending my oldest daughter's high school graduation on Friday.  One of my friends, who is 32, found a lump, had a double mastectomy three weeks ago, and will live to watch her children grow up due to early detection. It scares me to death to go get a mammogram because I hate the procedure, and I am afraid of what they might find. I overcome these fears each year to get one anyway. No one likes yearly checkups, but Pap smears and mammograms are life saving. My friend caught hers so early she isn't going to have to have chemo and neither did my mother. Screen screen screen. 

Thanks so much for reading my blog!  Upcoming is a blog post on my wedding day so stay tuned for another hilarious installment from the life of Jennifer!  My 10 minute soak is done now so I am going to slough my dead skin 😉
Have a fantastic day!!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment