Monday, May 13, 2013

National Women's Health Week


This week if National Women's Health Week.  There are many things that both men and women need to do to keep up with our health.  We can't be the hands and feet of Jesus if we don't keep our health in order.  When you fly on an airplane we all chuckle to ourselves as the flight attendants proceed to go through the motions of the safety features of the aircraft as well as how to react if the plane is in trouble.  The interesting part of that is when they talk about the oxygen masks dropping from the ceiling and they ultimately tell us that  we need to place the mask on ourselves BEFORE we place them on anyone else, even our children.  This is simply because we can't help others if we can't breathe ourselves.  The same is true of our health.  We can't help others or carry on our everyday lives or take care of our family if we are out of shape, tired, or lethargic.  

We don't have to run.  We all can walk.  Start small, with what you have, and do what you can.  Start walking.  Walk the neighborhood.  Then do it again tomorrow.  You will be a better person for it.  If you don't have time, then park in the back of the lot at Walmart.  Walk at a swift pace to the entrance.  Eat less, move more.  It will make a difference.

The folks at Swiftwick socks are giving some awesome tips and testimonials this week in celebration of Women's Health Week.  Check out their blog for lots of tips and encouraging words from working moms, 60+ folks, stay at home moms, and many others genres of people who work hard to stay fit and how they do it.  I have had the honor of being one of their guest bloggers this week.  So keep watch at http://blog.swiftwick.com/ for my guest blog post as well as other encouraging words from women who work to stay fit and eat right.  There is also a link to Swiftwick's blog at the bottom of my blog page to take you directly to it.

Stay tuned here at funthoughtsonlife.blogspot.com for more encouragement to eat less and move more this week in honor of Women's Health Week.  I kicked off my week by registering for the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 12, 2014.  I am super excited about it.  If you read my earlier blog about my journey to 26.2, you know that I said I was a one hit wonder on the marathon.  Well, the truth is that I am a one hit wonder unless I had a group to train with and to run the marathon with.  I have all of that.  My Hendersonville Running Club family has a group going down to run this race and we will all be training together.  Sounds like a plan to me.  
I believe this with every thread of my being.  Find a friend and drag them off the couch and move.  You can do it!!

Thank you so much for reading my blog.  God is opening up so many opportunities for me through my blog.  One of which the the opportunity to be a guest blogger on Swiftwick's website.  I am so honored by that.  Go to the right and subscribe to my blog!  You will receive updates as to when the blog has a new post.  Have a fabulous day!!
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment