Thursday, December 5, 2013

Tennessee Weather

I have lived in Tennessee all my life with the exception of 6 years I lived in Atlanta.  The weather here is hilarious.  When they predict snow we don't get it and when they don't predict it we get a lot.  It seems to me that we are more likely to get snow when the temp is 36 degrees rather than 32 degrees.  If you want to see some drama, watch a Tennessee weather forecaster when snow or ice is possible.  Nancy Van Camp and Lisa Spencer are the pictures you see when you look up drama queen in the dictionary.

I went to Walmart yesterday to get some groceries.  I got to the bread aisle and I literally could count on two hands the number of loaves there were on the entire aisle.
  I scratched my head and thought to myself, wonder what happened to the bread shipments that this aisle is so bare.  Moved on, finished my shopping and got to checkout.

Conversations in the Checkout at Walmart:

Checker:  Did you find everything you needed?
Me:  No actually I did not find a bottle of Christmas sprinkles.
Checker:  Did you look on the seasonal aisle and the baking aisle?
Me:  Yes I did.
Customer Service Manager(who just walked up):  Yes, I understand that we are out of Christmas sprinkles but our bread situation has taken precedence over the sprinkles.
Me:  Where is all the bread?
Cust. Service Manager:  Predicted ice storm wiped us out.

WHAT are they doing with the bread?  Does it melt ice?  Are people dipping their bread in their milk when it snows?  For some reason, Tennessee people raid the stores in complete panic and mayhem when snow is predicted and buy up all the bread and milk.  WHAT are they doing with it?

Hypothetical conversation in a Panicked Home in a City in Tennessee:

Children:  What is for dinner?
Mom:  Well, it is snowing out so tonight we will have our bread with a nice milk gravy poured over it.
Children:  Yum!!  I love eating bread and milk when snow is predicted!
Mom:  Well we have plenty because I bought every loaf Walmart had.  I knocked down two old women and a young man who tried to get a loaf.  But my family is all set.  Bread and milk for all.
Children:  Hooray!!

Quite a few counties in Tennessee are already calling in closed for tomorrow due to predicted ice.  No one ever accused a Tennessee county superintendent of not being proactive on the snow days.  It is amusing really.  One weather person + possibility of a flake = mayhem and complete shutdown of a Tennessee County.

Enjoy your bread and milk over the next few days.  I am sure there will be recipes erupting of bread and milk creole, fried bread and milk, broiled bread and milk, bread and milk sandwiches, bread and milk soup, bread and milk pie, and bread and milk cake.  As for me and my house, we will be having chicken enchiladas and other things that do not involve bread and milk.

If you ever don't like the weather in Tennessee, just wait till tomorrow.  Yesterday it was 78 degrees, and today it is 37 degrees.

Please consider me for your next event!  I would love to come and speak on your subject or mine.  Please visit my website at www.funthoughtsonlife.com

Thanks for reading my blog.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment