Monday, December 30, 2013

Moving Mountains

I believe in Jesus.  I believe in the power of prayer.  I believe that God can do anything if He wants to.  I trust Him with my life.  Although things don't always go the way I want them to, I see that God has a better plan than I do.  My faith tells me that.  So I sit back and watch the show.  God's show.  I am a lead actress in a drama.  I love my role.  God is the director and He is the best screenplay writer there is.  He says if we have faith like a mustard seed we can move mountains.  I have faith like a mustard seed and I moved a mountain yesterday.  God moved my mountain.  I just had a speck of faith like He asks.
                                         

I have trained for 6 months for a race in Orlando in 8 days.  On Thanksgiving, at the Turkey Trot, I mysteriously injured my hip.  Walking was overrated as a mode of transportation after my injury.  I wasn't able to run for several weeks.  I saw a doctor every other day until Christmas.  He got me to a point that I could put on my pants without leaning against the wall.  I started gradually running again.  I would be back to not being able to walk after running on my hip. Back to leaning on the wall to put my clothes on.  I have been a mess about my trip to Disney to run my bucket list race.  Until yesterday.  The night before last, I prayed.  Oh, I pray every day, but I made a bargain with God.  I told Him that if He would heal my hip that I would proclaim to all that He had done this great thing for me.  I prayed, I asked, and I believed.

Yesterday morning I woke up and had no pain in my hip.  I could still feel it a bit, but no pain at all.  I was able to put my pants on without leaning on the wall, and could get in and out of the car with no problem.  He healed my hip.  I told God that I wanted Him to heal my hip so that I could run my race on January 10 and 11.  He did it.  I am not surprised that He did this for me.  The Bible clearly says He can do these things.  The question is, do we have enough faith to believe He will?

I was raised in the church so sometimes reading the Bible seems like I am just running my eyes over the page to check it off a list.  I find more and more that God talks directly to me.  Like this morning.  This morning I picked up my phone and my Bible verse for today in my Daily Bible was Isaiah 40:31-"For they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings like eagles.  They shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint."  God was telling me that He answered my prayer although I already knew He did because my pain was gone.

Then, I was reading in Matthew today and came across Matthew chapter 8.  Matthew 8:10 says, "When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith."  
This verse is in context with the Centurion and his testimony of his great faith as Jesus was healing people. I found myself mesmerized by this chapter in Matthew.  Do I have a faith that Jesus would marvel at?  I want that kind of faith.  I feel like God healed my hip because I have faith that Jesus marveled at.  

As we ring in a new year tomorrow night, let us all aspire to have a faith that Jesus marvels at.  Thank you for reading my ramblings about what God has done for me.  I promised Him that I would make a proclamation :)

Happy New Year!
Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment