Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Free Tree

I am always more impressed with how little you spend on something rather than how much you spend. Nothing I own cost much because I am quite the bargain shopper. In fact, I love to dumpster dive and drive around on trash day to see what people have out by the side of the road. 

Yesterday, I found one of the greatest items I have ever found by the side of the road for free. A 10 foot prelit Christmas tree. I saw the huge box as I was driving my son to a friend's house in an affluent gated community in town. I stopped to check it out only to discover that indeed, there was a tree in the box. Amusingly, the owner of the home saw me perusing her trash so she came out. I asked her if there was anything wrong with the tree and she said no she was just tried of fooling with it. WHAT?!  Tired of fooling with it?  What does that even mean?  She rounded up her hired help and they loaded it up in my truck for me.  It seems in this particular neighborhood everything is done by hired help. No offense at all to those living in the neighborhood, for I was delighted to have their help loading the enormous box. 

I got it home and brought it in section by section, otherwise I couldn't lift it. Set it up and two strings of lights were out on it. Replaced the fuses and VIOLA!!  Free 10 foot super nice tree!!  I will be delighted to fool with this tree each year. Here is a pic of it before I replaced the fuses. 
It was too tall to get the top section on it. Next year, when I put it up in the house I will put it upstairs where the ceilings are taller. So now I have a 9 foot tree, a 10 foot tree, a 7.5 foot tree, a 7 foot slimline tree, and a 6 foot tree. The only thing I collect is trees and ornaments. I was super excited with my dumpster dive find yesterday!!

Thank you for reading my blog!  Please subscribe in the box at the right. If you are on a mobile device, scroll to the bottom and click on view desktop site. Then you can subscribe at the right. 

Have a wonderful evening and find something fabulous for free and tell me about it!

Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment