Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Closed

I had my first speaking engagement in Buford, Georgia Saturday. It went better than I could have ever hoped for. As a surprise, my oldest daughter got up and introduced me. Most kids would be terrified to speak in front of a group. But not my girl. She accepted the invitation and rocked it. It was the best day of my life. Lives were changed. 

Being parched after speaking, I wanted my Sonic fix so found one in Alpharetta. Pulled in the parking lot to emptiness. 
I wondered why there were no cars in the parking lot when I noticed there were no menus on the poles. REALLY?!  Were they closed down?  Out of business?!
Did folks not eat here, causing them to have to shut down?!  I actually wandered the deserted parking lot for a few minutes aghast at what had happened here. I felt like Clark Griswold when he arrived at Wally World only to find it closed. WHERE was I to get a snack and drink?! (For there is no other place to eat in my book). I was absolutely mortified that my place was closed at this location. I wanted to go door to door questioning people as to why they were not patronizing such a fine establishment. Closed. Closed. CLOSED!!

It stinks when something you need is closed when they should have been open. That Sonic should have been open on Saturday. They should have almost every bay full of cars and people sitting on the patio with the buzz of laughter filling the air as people eat their lunch and socialize. But something closed their doors.

 God's doors are never closed, even when people don't come and partake of His wares. God keeps his doors open 24/7/365. We may not pull in His parking lot when we should but He always keeps His lights on, menus up, and wares ready. He is waiting for us to come. It is comforting to know that when we are thirsty, no matter what state we are in, God's Sonic is always open to satisfy our thirst for righteousness. 

Thank you for reading my blog. If you need a speaker for any event please consider me. Visit my website at www.funthoughtsonlife.com
Subscribe to receive updates when there is a new blog. Click on the box at the right to subscribe. If you are on a mobile device, scroll to the bottom and click view web version then you will see the box at the right. 

Have a wonderful day and visit God's Sonic!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment