Thursday, November 7, 2013

Moms in Prayer International

I went to a Mom's in Prayer for College Kids meeting today.  I didn't know a soul there.  I was nervous about going but felt strongly led to attend.  I listen to God so I went in spite of my reservations.  The people there did not meet the "me" that my friends know.  They met the shy, quiet, highly observational me that has not made an appearance in a long time.  In fact, I can't remember the last time that "me" made an appearance but she was out today.  I have been in deep reflection all day about the time spent with ladies I did not know.

There was laughter.  There were tears.  Most importantly, there was prayer.  I felt a heavy presence of God in the room.  I was amazed and excited when I immediately recognized that I was in a room with some of the most Godly women I had ever met.  Words can't describe how heavy the air felt with faith.  How heavy the room felt with love.  How heavy the room felt with Jesus.  Jesus was there because where two or more are gathered, He is there.  It was a physical feeling of heaviness for me.  But the heaviness was not physical, it was supernatural.

I have been yearning for this sort of "air".  Starving for it.  Today I was fed.

I am not afraid of public prayer but I did not utter a word in the meeting.  I was in awe of what I had stumbled upon.  This group of women, faithfully praying for their children and the struggles that come from college life.  Women who did not know me but who lifted my daughter's name up through scripture prayer and specific prayer for her needs as she is away at college.  All the children were lifted up the same way.

                                                          

Historically, I have mainly had close friends with children the same age or younger than mine.  I very well may have been the youngest person in the room.  It seemed that everyone else had children much older than mine.  Where my oldest was in college, their middle or youngest may have been in college.  It was refreshing.  It gave me hope for another day.  It is those who have lived a day in my shoes that can truly encourage if they have the courage to be transparent enough to share the struggle.  This group was just that.  No one seemed to be afraid to share even though they did not know me.  I am grateful for that transparency.

I left the meeting with some new friends, a lighter heart, some new children to pray for daily, some new partners in the struggle.  Maybe soon these new friends can meet the real me.  I am glad I stepped out of my comfort and attended today.  I will be back.

Here is a link to the sort of group that I attended today.  http://www.momsinprayer.org/
Check it out.  There are groups like this all over the country.

Thank you so much for reading my blog.  Please subscribe in the box on the right to receive updates when there is a new blog.  Consider me if you need a speaker for your event whether it is corporate or local.  I do them all :)

Have a great day, and look up a Moms in Prayer group in your area and go.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment