Tuesday, June 4, 2013

More Crypt Flies, Tissue Vendors, and Funeral Home Follies

I was walking out of the hotel of the funeral director's convention and was met with a man who was a tissue vendor. Seemed appropriate to have a tissue vendor at a funeral convention but amusing still. Which leads me to today's topic. Let's go over some odd but true items that are available for purchase. You would have no way to know about said items if your trusty Barbara Walters was not reporting live from the funeral convention. I am glad to provide answers to questions you never asked :) or didn't realize they were there to BE asked. Lol

Even if you are not a wine drinker, this item is ALMOST worth becoming one just so you can own one of these:
Yes, it is indeed a little casket to hold your prized bottle of wine. And as if that is not enough, here is what it looks like with a little closed casket in case you don't want your wine to be viewed:
Folks, I don't have a piece of furniture in my home that looks as nice as this wine casket. 

When I was walking down the hallway of the hotel this is what it looked like:
See anything unusual here??  If you don't then let me help you by zooming in:
Yep, sitting right there in the hallway of the hotel with normal people staying here, not just funeral directors. If you brought your family for a vacation, what would you think if this was sitting in the hallway of the hotel as you pass to go to the pool??  

Next up we have a nice oil lamp:
Hmmm, nope!!  It is indeed an urn lamp so that you can display the ashes of Uncle Arthur on your end table illuminated with soft white light in the evening. 

Next we have a set of books:
Umm nope!  It is a nice mantle case for Grandma. 
Her remains can be stored in a Baggie then placed in a high quality felt bag then closed into a faux set of books and placed directly on your mantle. This option is more discreet than the urn lamp :)

Getting hungry?  Cook something on this mini antique oven:
Umm nope, guess again. Grandpa, who loved antiques,  can forever be stored in a replica oven urn in your kitchen. 

Did you know that you can purchase a nice wooden casket to be cremated in?  Not me, just put me on a pizza pan and light me up. I would't spend the money on this: 
If you are going to be cremated but still want to be viewed, you can also rent a casket for the viewing. Much more cost effective option in my opinion. 

Sadly, the 110th annual Funeral Directors Convention is over. So this concludes my educational infomercial for fun funeral facts and follies. Thanks so much for reading my blog. Please subscribe at the right to receive email updates when I write a new blog!  Have a fabulous day!

Jennifer











1 comment: