Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting in Touch with Your Inner Groovy

Excitement is in the air. Wonderful things are in the works for Fun Thoughts on Life. If you haven't subscribed yet, do so in the box to the right of this post. If you are on a mobile device, scroll to the bottom and click on View Web Version. Then you will see the subscribe box. 

Today we will get in touch with our inner groovy with a fun craft project. You don't have to have a creative bone in your body to create this flower arrangement for fall. 
I used a pot I had at home, 
a piece of burlap purchased in the fabrics at Walmart, 
a block of floral foam I had at home or can be purchased at Walmart, 
and one stem of greenery I purchased at Hobby Lobby. 
I cut the burlap into a 12 inch square and stuffed it into the pot. It gathered itself when I stuffed it. Then I put the floral foam in the middle. 
This is what it looked like:
Then I stuck the greenery into the floral foam. 
VIOLA!!  A floral arrangement that looks like I slaved over it!  
So get up and get in touch with your inner groovy today!  It makes you feel accomplished and gives you a little something new to look at. 

Go to my Pinterest Page from the button on the right. Here are two things I made from Pinterest today also. Directions are in the pins. 
On the left is simply a printout from a free website featured in the pin "Free Fall Printouts". I printed it on copy paper and framed it. 
On the right is simply a pumpkin sitting on a piece of burlap in a pot. Simple. 

Thanks for reading my blog!  Stay tuned for a big announcement the end of this month!  You won't want to miss it!

Jennifer







No comments:

Post a Comment