Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Celebration of Frosting

I love frosting.  It is my favorite dessert.  I love cake too, but I could do without cake and just eat the frosting.  The sweeter the better.  Don't give me any of that whipped frosting mess.  Give me buttercream or give me death.  White buttercream frosting.

Today we celebrated frosting.  Frosting on our family cake.  We had two children, each 4 years apart.  Our oldest child was always the eggs in our family cake.  She holds our family together firm and strong.  Now that she is 18, she still plays her role well.  For example, I was so upset when our dog got hit by a car that I was just an emotional wreck.  My Eggs held herself together and supported me and stayed firm and strong when the wind blew.  Our second child, a son, is the flour.  He causes our family cake to rise.  Rise to the top.  He provides structure, stability, and substance.  The best part of any cake in my opinion is the frosting.  I love frosting because it is sweet, makes the cake pretty, is colorful, finishes a cake, and decorates something otherwise bland looking.  Our youngest child is our frosting.  She completes our family cake.  Our baby.  Today we celebrated Frosting because she was born 11 years ago today.  Sweet, colorful, fun, finishing touch, decorative, pretty, Frosting.


Happy Birthday, Sweet Sweet Frosting!

Thanks so much for reading my blog!  Please subscribe to my blog in the box on the right.  You will receive email updates when the blog has a new post.  Please also visit my website at www.funthoughtsonlife.com
If you need a speaker for your next event, please consider me to come to your location to speak about your topic of one of my topics :)

Have a great night and enjoy some frosting!
Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment