Friday, October 25, 2013

A Caterpillar and a Cat

Who says cats and dogs can't coexist?  Whoever did was a pessimist. The truth is that cats and dogs can live together and actually love each other. Two totally different animals, generally dogs will chase cats but when taught to coexist peacefully they become best friends and actually play together. 

My dog Charlie and my cats Harley and Hemi love each other. They were introduced into the house together when the cats were 2 and the dog was 3. So they haven't been together since birth. They play with toys together and also lay together as well as run around the house together racing. My favorite activity they do together is walk. Yes, my cats walk. It isn't something we taught them to do, they just do it. It is the sweetest thing you ever saw. I take Charlie out around 4 times a day to walk. Each time I do there is what we call a "celebrity guest walker". One or both of the cats will voluntarily walk right next to Charlie for our walk. 
This morning the celebrity guest walker was Hemi. 

My cats and dogs embrace differences in each other to coexist peacefully in the same home. Generally animals that don't get along, these particular ones choose to appreciate the other as a breathing being that deserves attention whether that be playing a game the other may not inherently enjoy, to walking together when cats don't usually walk, or eating cat food when you are a dog. Maybe there is a lesson we all could learn from my dog and cats. Maybe we could all be a little more tolerant of differences in each other and embrace the differences that make us all uniquely genius. Maybe our government should look at my dog and cats and learn. Even government could utilize differences in each party's beliefs to compliment each other rather than being like oil and water. Stevie Wonder said it best: "Ebony and Ivory live together in perfect harmony." Cats and dogs, Democrats and Republicans, introverts and extroverts, can all live together and compliment each other rather than tear each other down.

 Find someone not like you today and compliment something about them that you admire. It will be a good start toward peace. 

Thank you for reading my blog!  There is still time to sign up to come hear me speak in Buford, Georgia on November 2. I would love to see you there. There is a link on the home page of my website with details.
 www.funthoughtsonlife.com

Have a fabulous day!!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment