Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Sun Always Shines

I love to fly. I like the exhilaration of takeoff and landing. It feels so powerful to get going so fast that a huge object that weighs so much can lift off the ground and fly. It was raining the day I flew last week. I wondered if we would be delayed because of all the horrible snow storms across the country. We were on time and in spite of the rain I enjoyed the flight. 

It occurred to me while I was flying that we were about to fly through the clouds. When we reached 35,000 feet cruising altitude, the sun was beautiful. Below was a sea of clouds and I could not see the ground. 

Life is much like flying. Sometimes our lives are grey and gloomy. Sometimes the rain of life seems to be never ending. The thing we must remember when we feel like life is gloomy is that the sun IS shining high above our gloom. We have to get above the clouds to see the sunshine. Maybe getting "above the clouds" is having lunch with a friend. Maybe it is going to the grocery store by yourself. Maybe it is going on a date night with your husband. Maybe it is strolling in the park with your children. It may be going to the park to watch children play. Maybe it is going to visit the elderly in a facility.  We all have to find what rejuvenates us to be able to see the sunshine that is there in our gloom. 

Pain is inevitable in life. Misery is optional. Gloom is inevitable, the sun is always there, we just have to fly through the clouds and get up high enough to see the sun that is always there. 

May we all fly high each day and see the sun in every gloomy situation. 

Thank you for reading my blog. I am grateful for each and every view. Please consider me to come to your next event. I can speak on your topic or one that I have already developed. Please visit my website at www.funthoughtsonlife.com
for more information. 

Tell me about your sun today!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment