Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Groovy Gluten Free Grub

One of my best friends and I went to try out a new place in town to eat. It isn't that new but it is at a new location and we had not eaten there so it was new, right?!  It is called Butterbean Bakery and Bistro. It is located at 210 Douglas Bend Road in Gallatin. It is in an adorable old home painted blue. From the time I pulled up I knew I was going to like it. 
They even had a little swing out front!  
Very welcoming on the outside. 
When I walked in the front door, I immediately was hit with beautiful confections including a gorgeous banana cake and hazelnut cake balls. 
The confections were behind some repurposed windows that have it a very quaint look. 

My friend arrived and we were seated. The prices were reasonable. $6ish for a sandwich. They had sandwiches, soups, paninis and some other stuff. I understand their menu rotates. Now I don't like fru fru sandwiches, and this is what they had here. I am here to tell you that this chick loved what she ordered!  I got a turkey sandwich with spinach, Brie cheese and cranberry sauce. I got a side of chips and black bean dip. You also could get a bowl of soup. My friend got the soup and said it was good.  She also got a fig sandwich and said she wouldn't order it again. I would not have ordered it in the first place 😳. Back to my sandwich, it was yummy!!  I was thoroughly impressed with the food. 
Now here is the kicker. I am not gluten free, but everything here at Butterbean IS GLUTEN FREE. Pretty exciting for gluten free folks I think!!  Their breads, chips, everything is gluten free. I thought my bread was divine. I loved it. I don't know what it was made out of and maybe I don't want to know but I liked it. 


Go check out Butterbean in Gallatin. Let me know what you think!  

Thanks for reading my Groovy Grub Report!  Subscribe to my blog by entering your email in the box at the right and don't forget that I would love to come speak at your event. 

Stay Groovy!
Jennifer 

No comments:

Post a Comment