Monday, February 18, 2013

Barbara Walters Live from the World of Blogging-How do I blog?

Barbara Walters here reporting live from the Blogging World where Jennifer Anglin has created a Blog.  Folks, trust me, she has no CLUE what she is doing but here she goes.  It took her 4 days to even come up with a name for such a thing as a blog.  What in the world IS a blog??  and WHO would even read one?  Well, apparently, Jennifer has been told by one too many people to start a blog or write a book that the blog has been created.  The book is still in the computer, and is still being worked on, slowly but surely in between making laundry detergent and making a massive mutiny against excess in the home.

Interestingly enough, Points to Ponder was considered as the blog name.  Points to Ponder is a term that I used to use when I was a wee one just in high school when I would come up with a thought.  I would state my thought and follow it up with "Now that is a Point to Ponder"  Would you believe that is already taken as a blog name??  What in the world???  Do these people not realize that I have mentally copyrighted that term?!  They have no clue who they are messing with.  And when I googled who had the site, it had not been updated since 2007.  What??  Shouldn't there be an autodelete option for non-use?  Especially when I want to resurrect the name.

Today I reached the epiphany of my motherhood.  Yes, I said it.  Epiphany of motherhood.  Claire and I were cleaning out her room and I asked her to go downstairs to get the Magic Eraser.  The following conversation ensued:
Claire:  What is a magic eraser?
Me:  It is that white block under the kitchen sink that looks kinda like a sponge.
Claire: OH and you wet it?
Me:  Yes, wet it and then wring it out good and bring it up here and wipe the spots off your walls.
Claire:  Ok
(thundering elephant down the stairs, slam cabinet, water full force, thundering elephant up the stairs)
Me: Now wipe the spots on the wall
Claire: OH LOOK AT THIS!  It is getting all this marker and stuff off the wall!
Me:  Yes, it is, It is a Magic Eraser.
Claire: This is so COOL!!
For at least an hour after that, Claire goes about the entire house finding everything in sight that she could clean with the magic eraser.  She cleaned so many things that, had I asked her to clean, would have never gotten cleaned.  But because of the introduction of the Magic Eraser, somehow cleaning was fun today.  Epiphany.  Chances are, this will never happen again, but today, I will take it, and be very grateful for the help.  And that, my friends, is a Point to Ponder.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I used to blog till I realized that all my blogs did was make people cry...I love it that yours make people laugh. Maybe I'll try again with a new attitude. BTW, I like the title of your blog since it's always funner (my word) to think groovy thoughts than to ponder. I wanted to title my blog "The Rest Of The Story" but seems some guy named Paul Harvey thought of it first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!! Something worth reading, Entertaining, joyful, all around goodness! Been saying for years everyone should have the chance to know my friend and now they can, you ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete