Sunday, April 7, 2019

Be Flawsome

I was at a festival yesterday minding my own business and shopping with my daughter.  From out of nowhere, i heard a strange voice say “I need you to model my clothes for me.  I can tell you are just the person I need.”  When I realized she was talking to me, I was dumbfounded.  I told her I would be happy to model her clothes for her.  She said, “I can’t find a single person anywhere who has the confidence to let me take their picture for my website.”  I was more than willing to help the lady out but the whole experience has left me still scratching my head today.  Are we really at a point in our lives that we feel so meek about ourselves that this poor woman could not find a single person to model her clothes that was willing to have their picture made?  I think it is deplorable to see the breakdown of self worth.  Now I have enough self esteem to share with the free world, and I know that is a bit unusual.  It bothers me that more people don’t hold themselves in high esteem.  It’s no wonder that families are failing and marriages are failing because you can’t love others if you don’t love yourself.  
 
We all have flaws.  My belly is my problem area.  Others have problems with their legs, or hips or ears or whatever.  Truth is, we are all made in God’s image and there is no ugly involved in God’s image.  So we are all beautiful.  A good personality trumps physical beauty any day of the week.  If you don’t have a good personality then it’s just “congratulations on your face”.  It’s what is on the inside that matters.  I have a friend who is super petite and little and cute.  One time, she was going to a formal event and was having the worst trouble finding a dress to wear.  She said that the formal department did not have anything that was little enough for her and the children’s department did not have anything old enough looking for her.  It was then that I embraced my belly and realized that EVERYONE has trouble finding clothes to look good no matter your size or shape.  Everyone struggles.  So stop looking at other people and thinking how much better looking they are than you are.  Just stop.  Mommas, don’t be saying negative things about yourself in front of your children.  They are watching and we need to raise a new generation of good, positive self imaged youngsters.

I went a few weeks ago for my federal department of transportation physical and the doctor told me that I was morbidly obese. WHAT?!  I told him it was a good thing I had good self esteem because some women would starve themselves over a statement like that.  I also told him a few other things to put him in his place. And then I sat on him. 😂🤣  I also said to the receptionist when I exited(loud enough for the doctor to hear me) “Get a good look at me because you are looking at the face of the morbidly obese.”  I feel like I got my point across to everyone in that doctors office.   It’s a wonder he didn’t write that I wasn’t able to renew my commercial drivers license because I am so heavy I would pop a bus tire. 😂🤣🤪
 
I have clothes in my closet right now that are sized from 12-18 and ALL of them fit.  If the number on the tag of your clothes bothers you, then cut the tag out.  You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.  Buy clothes that fit.  Some of these clothes are made in China and they are made to fit small people who can wad themselves up and sleep in drawers like it was a bed.  These numbers are unrealistic.  Try on clothes and buy ones that fit no matter what the tag says.  When we have clothes on that fit, our confidence level goes up.  If we are refusing to buy a bigger size clothes then we are just making ourselves miserable.  Embrace your body for what it is and move forward.  Put on the swimsuit.  Buy a bigger size.  Eat the pie. None of us are getting out of here alive so enjoy life and accept yourself for the shape that you are.   Everything in moderation.  As we age, it becomes harder and harder to lose weight.  Don’t define yourself by your ability to keep a pristine figure.  Fluffy people give better hugs.  Exercise, eat in moderation, buy clothes that fit, and PLEASE decide each morning that your will love yourself.  We all are a hot mess.  Some just hide it better than others.  We are all flawed.  Get out there and flaunt your awesome every single day.  Be FLAWSOME!!
 
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment