Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A New Recipe and a New Title

I looked up the qualifications for the coveted Wife of the Year award and one of the criteria is "make homemade pimento cheese salad while your husband recovers from surgery". 


Well my husband loves pimento cheese and I do not share his adoration for the spread. Me and Mrs. Grissom are not friends. But, I made him some homemade spread today and he loves it. So if you were in the running for wife of the year, the race is over. I got it in one quick swoop with a recipe for some stuff to spread on bread. If you are a pimento cheese fan, try this one:

2 cups extra sharp grated cheddar cheese(I bought block and grated it myself)
1 block softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1   4 oz jar pimentos drained
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Salt and paper to taste

Mix all together with a mixer on low speed until blended.  Spread on bread or crackers and enjoy!
Now this is how I feel about pimento cheese:
But my husband was quite happy about it. Try my recipe and let me know what you think!

Jennifer
Wife of the Year

No comments:

Post a Comment