Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Eat this, Not that! A Guide to Some Alternatives to Fattening Foods

Hey Hey Hey!!  So excited that some of you are sharing my blog on your Facebook pages and Twitter and with your friends!  Thank you so much for sharing.  It is the only way I will keep blogging because it takes time to write down everything and if no one is reading, then it is not worth the time :)  Got many more responses from the last blog than from earlier blogs.  Keep spreading the word.

Today's subject is some alternatives to fatty foods that satisfy.  Now the things I have to share are things that work for me.  Most are not things that I have read in a book, but rather things that I personally use to curb by appetite(I seriously can eat a whole large pizza and a dozen donuts in a sitting, but this behavior does not support my effort to maintain a girlish figure) and to satisfy my cravings for sweets and things that are bad for me.  I hope you get just one tip from my eating information today.  Who is on day 3 of the C25K program?  Let's get moving!

First of all, every morning, I drink two teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.  It is totally nasty and my children laugh at the faces I make when I drink it.  Google the health benefits of it.  Proper dosage is 3 tablespoons per day.  I am sorry but I just can't drink that much of this stuff. I always say, do what you can and start small.  Well this is all I can do for now. :) You should start drinking it too.  Here is the kind I choke down every morning:


Now the main reason that I drink the apple cider vinegar every morning is because it curbs your appetite and significantly reduces cravings for sweets.  It does a lot of other stuff too, like balance your PH in your body and keep flu and germs from setting up residency in your body, but I just drink it so I don't eat a dozen donuts every day.  I'm telling you this stuff is NASTY!! and make sure you drink unfiltered, which is even worse than filtered.  Get it at Walmart in the vinegar or your grocery store.

Next, when I get out of bed in the morning, I take a chaw of Coconut Oil and let it melt in my mouth then swish with it before I brush my teeth.  The longer you swish with it, the better.  I swish for 5 minutes while I shower.  Then spit it out.  It takes all the toxins out of you mouth that build up overnight and it also gives you energy and speeds up your metabolism.  It really does!!  I also cook with this instead of vegatable oil, and I condition my hair with it, rub it on my hands for natural lotion, put it on zits to make them go away, etc.  Google it, it is amazing stuff too.  During the day, I eat about 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil by itself because it keeps my metabolism speedy.  It also has a host of other benefits but these are why I use it.  Buy it also at Walmart on the top shelf above the olive oil. By the way, it has no flavor whatsoever.  

The more protein you eat, the less hungry you are during the day.  I have tried every protein bar, shake, whatever on the market.  They almost all taste like cardboard but we need to shift from Living to eat to Eating to Live, so these are the best protein bars on the market:

They have 20 grams of protein per bar and taste good and even feel like a candy bar.  They have the least amount of sugar without tasting like cardboard you can get.  Get them in the pharmacy section of Walmart with the Health foods and bars, or the big box you see pictured came from Sams.  They end up being 80 cents per bar at Walmart, and around a dollar to $1.25 at Kroger or Target.  All flavors are good, I haven't found one I didn't like yet, and no cardboard so this is a win/win.

I eat a protein bar for breakfast and most of the time lunch.  Watch out with protein bars.  Some have a lot of calories and sugar in them.  Pure Protein is the best, low cal, high protein, low sugar.  The ones that have NO sugar at all are the cardboard variety.

I also like Oikos Greek Yogurt in Key Lime because it tastes like a piece of key lime pie and has 11 grams of protein in it.  If you sprinkle some ground flax seed in the yogurt and don't mix it up, just eat it like that, it is about as close to key lime pie you can get and it is SO yummy.  Flax seed keeps you regular like Mary Poopins.  Cleansing your colon thoroughly on a regular basis will help you keep your girlish figure.

Now to the unconventional way I have satisfied my craving for sweets.  I love cakes, and cake mix.  I have discovered that eating a cup of cake mix mixed with water only has about 100 calories and I feel like I have really had a great thing since I love eating cake mix when I am making a cake.  However, the eggs and oil we put in the cake mix are what bumps up calories and fat.  But when I just dump a cup of cake mix in a bowl right out of the box, and mix a little water with it and eat it with a spoon, I feel like I am getting cake mix and am very satisfied with it as a sweet, but have skipped the calories.  The eggs and oil are so that the cake will cook properly.  Not for taste.  So this works for me, what works for you?

If I want a candy bar, I eat a protein bar.  It has less calories than a snickers, but it has a ton of protein in it and tastes like and has the consistency of a candy bar. Now that is a point to ponder.

I hope you get some tips from today's blog post.  Let me know what you do to curb your cravings in comments!  Share the blog and let's go VIRAL!


2 comments:

  1. Question...when I work I like to graze. I really only do it when I work and I think it is because I am constantly on my feet and using my hands. I have a HUGE sweet tooth so this is when I'm grazing on a box of bottle caps or hot tamales normally. anything for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I curbed my grazing habit by chewing gum. I chew Orbit and only a peppermint or minty, not a fruity kind. The fruity kinds just make me mad and eat the candy too lol. The mint kind seems to curb the need to eat something. I haven't grazed since I started chewing gum. and if you can't chew it at work, then just tuck it in the back of your mouth because the fresh taste curbs the need to graze. This is my experience. I hope it works for you. Walmart has three packs of Orbit in the candy section for $2.17 It is almost buy two, get one free when purchased in the three pack.

    ReplyDelete